Geography: United States
About Kasparov Chess Foundation
Chess is extremely beneficial in raising self-esteem, teaching determination, self-motivation and sportsmanship.
Founded by World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov, the Kasparov Chess Foundation's mission is to bring the many educational benefits of chess to children throughout the United States by providing a complete chess curriculum and enrichment programs.
The Foundation promotes the study of chess as a cognitive learning tool in curricular classes and after-school programs for elementary, middle and high schools, both in the public and private school sectors.
The Kasparov Chess Foundation is dedicated to providing schools with a complete chess curriculum. Designed by chess masters and professional educators, the Foundation is bringing chess to children and young adults through the following programs:
- KCF Curriculum Program: This provides public, private, and home schoolers with instructional books to help them master the game. The three-volume book set is in use by more than 3,500 schools, across all 50 states, as well as in a number of foreign countries.
- Regional Scholastic Championship Tournaments: KCF organizes and sponsors regional tournaments across the country. Thousands of students look forward to attending these tournaments each year. They make new friends, enjoy the thrill of competition, and form memories that last a lifetime.
- Annual All-Girls Nationals: KCF’s Annual All-Girls Nationals is the largest open tournament available to young females, ages 6 to 20. The tournament, now in it’s 10th year, attracts girls from all over the country, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. The tournament has been held in such grand cities around the country as Chicago and Dallas.
- Talented Children Program: KCF is partnering with The Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis (CCSCSL) on a five-year grant program to help develop several American chess prodigies from across the United States. The program, called Young Stars – Team USA, is capped off by a special training session with Garry Kasparov, held annually. During the two-day seminar, as many as twenty talented youngsters from around the country receive specialized individualized and group training by Garry Kasparov.
- US Team Chess Olympiad Sponsorship: Since 2004, KCF has been the official sponsor of the US Olympiad Teams, both women’s and men’s.