Catching flights, not feelings! An air hostess makes sure that every passenger feels safe during the flight by following the safety regulations. A flight attendant’s main priority is to ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers on a flight. The air hostesses can work for both private as well as commercial airlines.
The roles and responsibilities of an air hostess can vary according to the aircraft. It depends on the passengers flying on the plane, and it also revolves around what kind of passengers are traveling. Let’s take an example, air hostesses with higher experience may serve the first class passengers while aboard the flight. Some of them might work on smaller chartered flights that are less concerned with providing a luxury experience. Read on to know how much money an air hostess working in the United States earns.
How much money does an air hostess make in the United States?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) Occupational Outlook Handbook, the average annual salary of an air hostess in the United States is somewhat around $62,280 which is slightly more than the average annual salary for all occupations, $58,260. The salary of a flight attendant is dependent on a variety of different factors such as education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
As per the website Talent.com, a flight attendant earns around $23.63 per hour. The beginners in this field can start at $39,267 per year. On the other hand, the most experienced workers can make up to $146,250 per year.
What are the roles and responsibilities of an air hostess?
Every airline in the world has its own set of rules and regulations and the flight attendants must follow them. The air hostesses are expected to be well-versed with the full scope of the airline’s safety guidelines for each aircraft and must be able to communicate these to the passengers aboard the flight in an easy way. The most significant task of an air hostess is to ensure the safety of all the passengers aboard.
Take a look at some roles and responsibilities of an air hostess
- Attend a safety briefing with the pilots before boarding the airplane.
- To ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers aboard.
- Greeting the passengers warmly when they board the plane.
- Helping out the passengers to find out their seats.
- Providing a helping hand to passengers with special needs, passengers with small babies, and VIPs.
- Explaining the safety procedures and measures to the passengers in a simple manner.
- To make sure that the emergency exit seats are occupied by passengers who are willing and able to respond in case of an emergency.
- Ensuring that all the passengers have seatbelts fastened, all seats are in the upright position, and all armrests are down.
According to you, which profession has the highest salary? Kindly let us know your thoughts on the same in the comments section below. Don’t forget to stay tuned with us for more updates from all over the world.